Wednesday, March 19, 2014

You've got the Cutest Little Baby Faces

So I did my baby boy's one month photo shoot a few weeks ago. Anyone who's had a baby knows that photographing those little wiggle worms can be challenging! So I took my camera and just started shooting away, hoping to get a few good shots in there. What I got was a little catalog of all of his funny faces and expressions. He's always making funny little faces and it is just so dang cute! So I decided to document a few of them. I also decided to play along with the scraplift challenge over at True XOXO Scrapbooking. Here is my layout:
I think sometimes it is fun to do a challenge where you are forced to create in a style, with elements or from a sketch that isn't your usual style because it forces you out of your box a little bit and you get to really dig into those creative juices. All the paper in this layout is from the DCWV Kidlet Stack.
I cut the title with my new Cricut Explore (Cue giddy squealing). I just love how anything I can dream up I can create, and it's so much easier to bring it to life. You Silhouette users have already been onto this for a while, but I was a little late to the party. Now I'm on the bandwagon!
I was a little stumped with how to embellish this page, as it seemed a little busy already, and I didn't want to over-do it, so I kept it a little simple by cutting out some letter blocks, and a little fox (I like to sing that song that shall not be mentioned to my baby, and sometimes I can get a little smile out of him!)

I hope you enjoyed my page, I really like the way it came out. So yay for inspiration!! Here is the stack I used:

7 comments:

  1. That is adorable, Heather! I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you would be able to answer my question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You captured some great faces of your baby boy...love the paper stack papers...That fox song is my son's favorite, he is randomly singing the lines throughout our house! Thanks for a great page and playing along with us over at XOXO Scrapbooking!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE!!! Your baby boy is beautiful and those expressions are to die for. As for the page, it is perfect. I think you have just the right mix of everything on this one. Thanks for playing along at XOXO and we hope you can join us for our April challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable take on our challenge! Thanks for playing along! ~ Kimmy XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable layout! The title is so perfect with those adorable photos!
    ~Kim XOXO GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love everything about it!!!! Great take on the challenge!
    ~ Heather XOXO DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather, can you please email me at tessatmybest@hotmail.com when you get a chance. We would love for you to be our guest DT for XOXO!

    ReplyDelete