Friday, March 28, 2014

Also Known As

So I thought it would be fun to do a layout of all the different nicknames Henry has already accumulated in his short 8 weeks of life thus far. I especially wanted to do it when I bought the Baby Steps cartridge and saw that one of the cuts was a little street sign that says "Scooter St." as this is the nickname Henry's dad calls him the most- Scooter. So this is what I came up with:
All the paper in this layout is from DCWV The Sky's the Limit stack. Really cute prints for a sunny or rainy day page. I liked them for this layout for the color palette and whimsical images. I had a lot of fun designing on my Cricut Explore for this page, and I continue to be amazed by the capabilities! One caveat- when you have a machine that will cut teeny tiny letters, you then have to find a way to get said letters adhered to your page. Not an easy task, especially with sticky fingers!! ;)
I loved the "hello my name is" name tag for this page theme. So appropriate. And here is the infamous "Scooter Street" image that inspired this page! The cardstock I used for some of this is also from DCWV- their Shimmer Stack. Hopefully you can see in the photo, it has a nice shimmer/sheen to it without being too overbearingly glittery. I am not the biggest glitter fan. I know, that is almost blasphemy in scrapbook world, but it just isn't my thing. I do appreciate a bit of sparkle, though and this really fits the bill!
I titled the page "AKA" as in 'Also Known As' and then listed his different nicknames in the journaling. How cute is this banner! There are some really cute cut apart images in this stack- clouds, rainbows, hot air balloons, etc.
Here is a close up of the journaling, with the nicknames listed. Hopefully you can read my handwriting :/
Here are the stacks I used- definitely check them out if you like this page :)


No comments:

Post a Comment