Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Practical Scrappers DT Post: Clouds

Hello my friends! Welcome to my second design team post for Practical Scrappers! This week we are playing with clouds on our projects! I love the look of clouds on layouts and was excited to play with this theme. Here is my layout:
 
I used an awesome sketch from Rochelle Spears for this layout and I had a lot of fun with it. In the sketch she showed a ring of stitching. I decided to try my hand at masking for mine. I cut a circular image from Accent Essentials (I thought it slightly resembled a sun and would work well with my summer-y layout), then I used the negative image as a mask with yellow smooch spray. The paper is from the My Mind's Eye collections. I am getting a lot of mileage out of these, lol! Now onto my clouds:
I used a chevron print patterned paper and then embossed the clouds with a swirl pattern.
I decided to try my hand at the new confetti trend to add a little emphasis around the clouds. I'm not sure if I was successful or not, ha! I used the 'leftovers' from my border punch.
Aren't these wood tile letters just the cutest?? I took these from the Echo Park This & That- Graceful pack, then added some Cricut cut letters from Songbird.
I cut a square of this notebook lined paper is from the Follow your Dreams line to make a journaling spot. I punched it with a notebook edge punch and then roughed it up a bit. There is my Smash date stamp again!! Thanks for stopping by today, and please stop by Practical Scrappers to join in on the fun!!

Supply List:
Cardstock: ColorBok
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (On the Bright Side, Follow Your Dreams)
Letter Stickers: Echo Park (This & That- Graceful)
Border Punches: Fiskars (Notebook) Martha Stewart (Lace)
Cartridges: Songbird (Title), Paper Pups (clouds) Accent Essentials (mask image)
Stamp: Smash by K & Co.

I am also entering the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - April Showers (Use umbrella, rain or clouds)
Frosted Designs - Weather 
Sundays are Lovely Link Party - Jaihart
Shopping our Stash - Anything water related (I used clouds!)

12 comments:

  1. Heather, your daughter is beautiful! I LOVE this SB page :) TFS

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute page!
    http://heritagecollectorstorybook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mask is genius, it turned out great. Love the clouds and all of the chevrons. Fantastic work!
    kelseymel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so totally adorable!!! You combined two of my most favorite things...clouds and chevron!! :) The photos are so sweet and I also love the mix of alphas in your title! Thanks for playing along with us this week @ Frosted Designs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout!
    The sun is wonderful and the chevron clouds are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet layout! Love the pictures! Thank you for joining us this week at FCCB!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful page! I love the misting, and that Songbird font is sooo pretty! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is great!! All your details were great, from the punches, to the spray to the embossing! I do the posts for FCCB on Saturday's and am going to showcase your layout this Saturday!! I am now your newest follower! :) Thanks for joining us for the challenge this week!!
    Melissa
    FCCB DT
    scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layout and embellishments on this page! Beautiful photos! So happy you joined us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the non-traditional patterns on your clouds - so much fun! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The detail on this is phenomenal! I love the colors too! You're so good at choosing a beautiful color palate! Thanks for linking up to Jaihart! SMiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete