Monday, January 2, 2012

Cooking with Cricut Cartridge Showcase- Art Nouveau

I am so excited to be showcasing one of my favorite cartridges: Art Nouveau.  One of the reasons I chose this cartridge is even though it is one of my favorites, I had never used it! You know how that is? So I wanted a chance to play and explore with the beautiful images on this cart.
I just LOVE vintage and my favorite era is the 20's. I think this cartridge has some very beautiful vintage art deco images, including animals, insects, flowers with flourishes and 20's era models as well as borders, frames and 2 beautiful fonts.  I wanted to show a little of the versatility of the cart. I have created 3 layouts, 1 card and a framed project to hang in my home.


This is a layout with a vintage look using one of the floral flourishes from Art Nouveau  (wisteria) as well as the pretty art deco border and font. All paper is from Graphic 45, with embellishments from Tim Holtz. Prima flower, crinkle ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique. Bo Bunny letter stickers and brads from Basic Grey.


Many of the images on this cart do have multiple layers, but I think the manual makes it easy to figure out what goes where, and it even tells you the minimum size to cut out the image for the best effect. On this card the peacock, peacock feather and the frame are all cuts from Art Nouveau.
Paper is from Close to my Heart, Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante collection, KaiserCraft and Bo Bunny, brads from Basic Grey and stamp from Hero Arts.


Monograms are very popular right now and this cart has 2 beautiful fonts with shadow features and flourishes. I love these fonts for projects where you would want to  use a monogram. I created this project with my initial that can be framed to hang in my home. All paper is Bo Bunny etc. collection, ink by Tim Holtz, cardstock by Colorbok, smooch spray, Tim Holtz inks.


I have been ITCHING to use one of these gorgeous 20's era 'models' on a project, so I decided to make this layout. She is cut at 8 1/2 inches. This cartridge has several of these full bodied models, as well as "head shots" (not sure how else to describe them!) as shown in this next project.  All paper is from Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante collection, Tim Holtz ink, Basic Grey brads, Prima flowers, crackle accents.

For this last project, I had wanted to showcase another card but once I started working, I just had to make it into a layout! I love this paper and this is probably my favorite cut on the entire cartridge, so pretty and elegant. The flourish at the bottom left of the layout is also from this cart. All paper/stickers from Bo Bunny Garden Girl collection.
So there are a few examples of the different projects you can create with Art Nouveau. I hope I have inspired you to run out and get one for yourself! Thanks for looking today and Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Heather this is AMAZING!! I LOVE your lay out!! I should say Lay outS!! I love the classy 20's look as well.....very chic

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the inspiration to start cutting with this cart! Your work is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this is ok -- I found your layouts via a Google search, and I'd like to use your "Be You" layout as a sample for the December Type Challenge at mscraps.com. It'll be a while before it actually appears, so if you'd rather I not use it, please just drop me a line at hlmtaylor@gmail.com . Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete