Wednesday, March 19, 2014

New toy!





Hiya! Okay SO. I have been a die hard Cricut fan since I first became aware of them. I have pretty much owned every machine they have released and invested a lot of money in a lot of cartridges. Then the Silhouette came out. Slowly I saw more and more people converting to the Silhouette and I was about to become one of them. I already owned so many cartridges that having to buy Provo Craft software wasn't really an issue for me, but I liked the fact that if there was a new image trend that I wanted to jump on, and Cricut wasn't quite up to speed with a cartridge release then I could use any image or file that I had on my computer- including fonts. What was holding me back (besides the cost and investment I had already put into Cricut) was having to learn a new software program that seemed intimidating, and a pain to have to learn on my own. Then... out of the blue I hear about Cricut's new machine release. It was like exactly what I needed- I still get to use all of my favorite Cricut goodies but have the freedom of using any image I find on the internet- for free. Now I have never used the Silhouette, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I can say that the Cricut Explore is COOL. It is so fun, and SO easy to use. I was able to figure out their software program pretty much on my own. Granted, there is still a lot of things that I would need to figure out but I was able to cut and design some things on my own, and import some images I had on my computer and it worked beautifully. I am not computer inept by any means, but I do get intimidated by some software programs if they're not really user friendly and I haven't had any instruction. I was literally able to just jump into this one and start designing and cutting without any problems or frustration. On top of that the precision is so much more advanced than before, the possibilities are pretty much endless. As if all that wasn't enough, they have a whole library of ready to make, pre-designed projects that you can make. All you have to do is get the supplies. There are several that I would like to try out! Long story short, this machine was so fun to play with and I am so excited for all the possibilities of it. So excited, that I created an entire post about it, haha! This was actually supposed to be a project post, lol, but once I started going off on the machine I decided I better save that for another post! So, anyway, I just wanted to share my enthusiasm if any of you Cricut users out there were thinking about switching over to the Silhouette just know there is another option out there! I'm going to sign off now so I can go play with another project on my new toy!! Happy crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment