Friday, March 14, 2014

Henry Blair Holbrook

Hello my friends! I am back with another project to share with you! I told you in my last post that I have just been flooded with inspiration. Well, it had been probably a good year since I had done any crafting, other than a small project here or there, and when I did this layout it all came together so amazingly. This layout actually ends up being one of my favorite ones that I've ever done. It was such a cool feeling to know that I hadn't lost my 'touch' so to speak, and has really fueled me to keep creating! It's so fun to see Henry's baby album coming together! I also picked up a new hobby in the last year- photography. Not to do professionally, but I just wanted my scrapbook photos to be of a better quality, so it's fun to finally start scrapping some of the photos I've taken! Here is my layout:
For this layout I used the Baby Boy stack from DCWV. Hopefully you can see the nice foil accents on the blue on a lot of the pages.
This was a cute pre-printed tag that I cut out to include Henry's birth details.
I fussy cut the banner pieces out and popped them up on foam dots for depth.
The cute green banner with this lovely sentiment was also fussy cut from a page, and then I added Thickers for the title. I love how the orange color really pops out from the page, but also complements some of the smaller instances of orange elsewhere on the page. I also added a little confetti style sprinkling of sequins to add some more whimsy to the page.

I hope you enjoyed the project, and here is a look at the stack I used:


I have entered this layout in the current challenge over at Scrap Our Stash, the theme this week is Confetti, which I have represented with the sequins. I have also linked up with Jill's Sunday Funday link party over at Everyday is an Occasion

7 comments:

  1. Adorable page! Love the colors here! Thank you so much for playing along at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! Love the colors and adorable photo, and the sequins are the wonderful touch to the page!Thank you for playing along in our Stash A Thon at Scrap our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is an adorable layout and the photo looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing your wonderful page with us at Scrap Our Stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet layout! I love all the little details and the banner. Great contrast and balance in the papers too! Thanks for playing along with the Stash A Thon at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! A year?? WOW! Glad you are back in the saddle! Had to Pin this if you don't mind :) Kate (Scrap Our Stash)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an adorable page! love it! Thanks for playing along with our Stash A Thon at Scrap our Stash!

    ReplyDelete