Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012 Scrapbook Trend #3: Baker's Twine

Hi and welcome to another project showcasing the top 10 scrapbook trends for 2012. Number 3 is Baker's Twine. This one is also not a 'new' trend for me, but it is always fun to try new and different ways to use Baker's twine.

I used the sketch from the challenge over at The Friday Mashup this week.

This cute little guy is from Bugaboo: Dino Heart. I thought he was perfect for a card I had been wanting to make for awhile: "RAWR means I love you in dinosaur." I always say 'Rawr' to my hubby, and to be honest, I don't think he even knows what it means. He thinks I'm just being silly and so he humors me, lol. So I have been wanting to make a card to let him know exactly what it means! Here is the interior of the card:

I didn't have a stamp that said "means I love you in dinosaur", lol. I thought about typing something up on the computer, but decided to use some stickers from MME instead. They are meant to be a little skee-wompus. The Valentine's stamp is from Whimsical Designs (With Love)
I have a tip for Top Tip Tuesday this week: In order to get the edges of my banner in that nice little pattern I actually took my Zig glue pin and drew a swirly line with the glue, then laid the twine over it. It laid perfectly!

These little beauties were some blog candy I won from Debbie Bakk at Debbie's Scrappin Corner. She MAKES these! Aren't they adorable?? As soon as I received them from her I had to make something! Thank you Debbie, I LOVE them!!

Supply list:
Cardstock: Colorbok, DCWV
Patterned paper: DCWV
Stamp: Bugaboo colored with copics
Mat: Elegant Edges
Stickers: My Mind's Eye
Stamp (interior): Whimsical Designs
Baker's Twine: My Craft Spot
Embroidered Flowers: Debbie's Scrappin' Corner
Stickles

Thanks for stopping by today, and make sure you come back later this week for my FIRST post as a Guest Designer for 4 Crafty Chicks! And stay tuned for 2012 Scrapbook Trend # 4: Nautical Motifs!!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Friday Mashup - Sketch + something new (the stamps are my 'new')
Die Cuttin' Divas - Anything goes
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Valentines
Paper Sundaes -Valentine

12 comments:

  1. Awww Heather, I *adore* that sentiment. :) And I love how you used your embellies to their fullest potential. What a fabulous card! :)
    Hugs,
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card - fabulous sentiment - fabulous tip!!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday! Hope to see you again!

    Remember, you can enter 3 creations and 3 tips - 6 chances for prizes!!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    Owner of Top Tip Tuesday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Cute! What more can I say? Thanks so much for joining in our challenge this week with this fabulous card.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww he looks adorable... Love the sentiment on the inside! Fab tip too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at TTT! Good luck and hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is fabulous! I love the sentiment, made me smile :0) Oddly, I am just about to buy more Bakers Twine as I can't get enough of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather this is SO cute!! I LOVE your dinosaur! I really laughed about your story behind the rawr! How your husband humors you..LOL...so true in this house, girl! I hope it makes him feel even more special that your not just being silly, but it has meaning behind it!! ;) LOVE it!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and playful card! Love the pennants across the top. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heather, I hope your hubby loves his Valentine card because it is gorgeous. I can see you put a lot of RAWR and hard work into it. I love the little crocheted flowers. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dinosaur is just too darn cute. Thanks for the joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. super fun! Love it. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Die Cuttin' Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute little guy! thanks for joining the friday mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, alot of neat elements like the doily flowers and Baker's Twine to hang your pennants. Thanks for joining the Valentine's Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete