Thursday, April 5, 2012

4 Crafty Chicks Guest Designer Post

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be back guest designing for 4 Crafty Chicks! I will be joining them again for the month of April. For my first challenge back our theme is flowers. We all love our flowers, so I hope you will come and play along! For my project I created a layout.


I'm still loving the new lines from My Mind's Eye- I used a couple of them for this project. So much fun to work with! I used a sketch design from Artful Delight. This is an Instagram photo of my big guy Cash.
Because the challenge focus is flowers I decided to make my own. I cut some different shaped flowers from the Mother's Day Bouquet cart from different patterned papers. I layered them and curled the edges with a petal roller and then added a button or brad.
I liked the simplicity of Doodletype for the title. This is the shadow feature. I was going to layer a lighter color over it, but ended up liking the solid black.
I'm still loving my Smash date stamp. I want to use it on everything!! I hope you have enjoyed my layout, and will come and join us with your gorgeous flower creations!

Supply List:
Cardstock: ColorBok
Patterned Paper - My Mind's Eye (Follow your dreams, On the Bright Side)
Cartridges -Mother's Day Bouquet, Doodletype
Twine - My Craft Spot
Stamp - Smash by K & Company
Border Punch - American Crafts
Washi Tape - Smash by K & Company

I am entering the following challenges:
Unique Crafters Challenge - Paper flowers
Party Time Tuesday - flowers

6 comments:

  1. Heather, this is a fab layout. Love your layered flowers!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable furry friend!!! Love your layout of him and those flowers are awesome! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, great job on the challenge, and welcome back for April, awesome job...WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo is just too cute! I love your design and your homemade flowers. Thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gray/yellow color scheme. One of my faves :) Thanks for entering it at Unique Crafter's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Heather. sorry it has taken me so long to comment. I am so excited to see what you create for us. This is awesome layout and the flowers are super rockin. Look so forward to working with you this month. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete