Sunday, March 30, 2014

My little SONshine

Hi folks! I'm back with another layout featuring... wait for it... Henry! Haha, you might as well get used to it ;) So I have always wanted to do one of those fun sunbeam layouts, but simply didn't have the patience to measure and cut all the different rays. Enter Cricut's Edge to Edge cartridge, and they have a cute sunburst design which meant I didn't have to do any hand cutting or measuring! I did have to do a little tracing and hand cutting, but that was easy when the measurements were already there. So here is my layout:
So once I cut out the sunburst shape on my Cricut, I took the negatives and attached them to the patterned papers I wanted in the empty windows with removable adhesive. I then just cut around them and glued them to the backside of the empty spaces. Easy peasy!!
The stars were fussy cut from one of the patterned papers (this was from Echo Park) and then popped up on foam.
For the title I just used the stickers that came with the paper collection. It was easy, and I actually thought the bright colors and whimsical pattern matched my page really well.
I had a cut file for this polaroid frame that I was able to cut with my Cricut Explore (isn't it so awesome that we can do that now??!) and voila! Page is done! This was a very quick and simple page, and I love how the bright colors match the cute little monster knit hat that Henry is wearing. This hat was homemade, too, which is just amazing to me! Some people have such talent!!

I'm linking this page up with Paper Issues for their "Sunshine" theme this month!

3 comments:

  1. I love this layout. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry is sooo cute and so is this layout and the bright colors. I can't believe you're getting good scrapping done...my baby girl is 7 months and I've hardly done any of her scrapbook :-/

    ReplyDelete