Saturday, March 22, 2014

Complete.

Hi all! I'm back today with another favorite project to share with you! This is another one of those special photos that I hoped to do justice to, and I am so so happy with the way this layout turned out. My boyfriend is the most amazing father. He is patient, attentive, supportive and loving (to me!) and he just loves the pants off of our little one. I couldn't ask for a better father for our son. And he's pretty darn handsome to boot!! I wanted to take some nice daddy/baby photos of the two of them, but Henry was being a bit of a cranky pants. I did manage to get a couple nice shots, though, and this one is my favorite. I used a few different DCWV stacks for this layout: Baby Boy and Decor Noir.
I wanted to keep the bulk of the layout monochrome (grey) and then add just a pop of color (blue).  I added blue accents in the circle border strips that were cut on my Cricut from the Elegant Edges cartridge. How cute are they!! I also added some blue washi from my stash.
I ended up finding a lot of the blue pieces from pages in the stack that had a metallic finish and I liked that a lot. 
I thought this tiny little baby banner was just too cute for words! Had to use it, so I popped it up to add some dimension and really make it pop out. All of the phrases, banners and images were fussy cut from pages in the stack.
This title says it all, and it is enough said. Having the two of them in my life now has made my life complete.

Here are the stacks I used to create this layout:

I forgot to mention that the texture of the papers in this stack is different than the usual cardstock you are used to seeing- it has a bit of a slick finish.
The entire palette of this stack is black/white/grey with accents of gold. It is very sophisticated and elegant. Would be great for wedding/prom/special events pages and projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment