Monday, March 26, 2012

Cooking with Cricut Cartridge Showcase

Hi everyone! Today I am posting the Cartridge Showcase for Cooking with Cricut. The Cartridge I chose to highlight this week is Sophisticated. For those of you who aren't familiar, this cartridge was designed by Teresa Collins. She has a very distinctive style that really comes through on her cartridge. There are 2 fonts, (both of which are AWESOME for monogram projects) as well as images, borders  and phrases. Although I didn't include one in this showcase, I think the phrases would be awesome for vinyl lettering projects. For my first project I have an altered notebook. I am a list person and cannot live without a notebook to jot ideas and lists down in! This notebook is a traditional composition book and cost about $1.
I covered the entire front with patterned paper and added some ribbon to cover the seam on the notebook binding. The "Dream" title is one of the phrases on Sophisticated.
The banner flags are cut with the border function. I love the flourishes at the top.
The key is one of several key images, as well as crowns, chandeliers, and different flourishes. I added some liquid pearls to the key and banner cuts for some extra decoration. These images look great with a little bling.
The flowers were fussy cut from patterned paper.
Here are some additional projects I have made with this cart:
The title is cut from one of the fonts on the cartridge. I love the flourishes that are part of the letters, so pretty and elegant. Original post about this layout HERE.

The title is a phrase from the cartridge. There are some AWESOME phrases on this cart that work great as layout titles, card sentiments or altered projects/wall art. Original post HERE.

All the cuts on this layout are from Sophisticated. The title is another phrase. The chandelier and Fleur de Lis armchair are image cuts. There are several different chandeliers and chairs on the cart. Original post HERE.

On this layout the title is cut with both fonts from Sophisticated. Backing the letters with a different colored cardstock makes those flourishes really pop. The second '1' in the title is the other font. Every letter has a fancy frame surrounding it. You can see how pretty this would be in a monogrammed project. Original post HERE.
I hope you have enjoyed my showcase today! Sophisticated is an elegant cartridge with so many uses for all kinds of different projects. I hope I have inspired you to check it out! Please make sure and check back with Cooking with Cricut throughout the week for wonderful design team inspiration and our Wednesday challenge!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't used this cart too much so great to see all the wonderful things you have done with it. Love you altered book and all your layouts. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You knocked it out girl!!! I LOVE your journal ideas....and can I say we think SO much alike!! I am totally a list person. I have a notebook by my side to jot ideas down, things to do, etc! I have one for sketches too. SO funny! I really love the simple elegance you portray in your work. Very classy!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job on the showcase Heather! LOVE the journal - who doesn't need something to keep themself in line? HA! :) As always, you blow me away with your layouts - you're so talented!
    Nita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on your composition book re-do and all your layouts are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete