Thursday, March 15, 2012

Patches of Pink- March

Hello and welcome to a new design team post for Patches of Pink! Thanks to all of you who linked up for our Valentine's Linky Party- it was great to see all of your inspiring creations! I hope you will join us again for our new theme: Spring! I don't know about you, but I am ready for some pretty spring colors and some sunshine! Can't really complain as our winter was...not this year, but still anxious for Spring. For my Spring project I made a layout. I had some fun pictures of my mom swinging my niece, Evie, at Easter last year. Here is my project:


American Crafts paper, again. I am seriously in love with them now, best $30 I ever spent on scrapbook supplies, lol! I used a new PageMaps sketch from March as inspiration for this layout. Love PageMaps! Don't we all?? Have you seen her new Spellbinders dies? I had to order some, can't wait to get them! Anyway, about my project... I cut a doily with a background from the paper lace cartridge. I always forget this cartridge also has a cute font, so I used it for my title. I wanted to use some of my new Studio Calico Mr. Huey spray ink, but unfortunately it didn't show up too well, and kind of warped the paper. I was disappointed, but I just worked around it!
One thing I like about American Crafts paper is the sheets come with a little patterned border strips you can tear off that coordinate with the line. I used these for the border up the side and to hand cut the banner flags.
I glued the bakers twine with my zig glue pen. I absolutely LOVE that you can draw different shapes with the glue pen and the twine will stick to it. I am definitely going to be experimenting more with this in the future.
This is my first time making these cute little flags. I have seen them on others' projects and just had to give them a try! I just used toothpicks and glued the flags around the end. Fun! There is a great tutorial for how to make these over at ScrapFit HERE.
I hope you enjoyed my project today and hope that you will come join the fun! You can link up any Spring themed project at Patches of Pink. Can't wait to see your creations!
Pin It



Supply List:
All paper: American Crafts
Spray Ink: Studio Calico
Cartridges: Paper Lace (doily, title), Elegant Edges (border/title mat)
Bakers Twine: My Craft Spot
Border Punches: American Crafts

I am entering in the following challenges:
ScrapFit Step Class #2:  Make your own pins
For Fun Challenges - circles

13 comments:

  1. Hi Heather...love your layout too!! I haven't made the little flags before, yours turned out so cute, and I love the banner! Cute photo too! I just read your profile info and realized that we are both in Utah...I'm down in St. George! Very cool!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, a fellow Utah gal!! I have family in St. George too so I'm down there all the time :)

      Delete
    2. Next time you are down in St. George we should try to grab lunch or something!! Send me a message on FB or email and let me know...! :)

      Delete
  2. AWWWWEEE what a sweet LO. Those Flags are really cute, and the pattern papers go very well together. That little saying Whee! is so cute...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I LOVE those flags! I remember having those on cupcakes or something when I was little....love the name Evie, and your mom looks really young!...tell her I said that too...I'll be her favorite of your bloggy friends...ha! No but really SUPER cute layout....as always! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, this is sooo pretty! First, the colors are striking, and second I LOVE LOVE those flags. OK, I also love american crafts paper and have tons of it :)
    Have a SUPER night!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to apologize, I thought I was following...Silly me Well I am now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so glad you decided to join in with us this week at FOr Fun! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the little flags!!! Perfect for the challenge! Thanks for "stepping" us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely LO - thanks for sharing in the For Fun challenge this week, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  9. such an adorable layout and totally fun flag pins. Thanks for joining us over at ScrapFit

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love american crafts and page maps too! Oh and aren't you clever to use that strip! love the spring colors!!

    Thanks for playing "more then one circle challenge" at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you tomorrow when our new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great pge and super fun flags!!! wonderful job!!! thanks sooo much for working out at ScrapFIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete