Saturday, March 10, 2012

i create

Hi everybody! Hope you're having a great weekend and have had a chance to get some crafting done. I look forward to the weekends because I know I can always get a couple hours of uninterrupted time in my craft room! Have you all seen the new lines by My Mind's Eye? I fell in LOVE with their new papers and embellishments! Had to get my hands on some, and could not wait to create something with them! I am simply loving the weathered wood look, especially with the florals. The new challenge over at Once Upon a Sketch is to make a layout about YOU. I don't do that often, but am not as hesitant about doing layouts of myself as some others are. So long as I have a good photo! PhotoShop is my friend, haha! Well, here is my layout:

The OUAS challenge is to focus on something about yourself- a talent, things you like, what you enjoy doing, etc. I thought it would be fun to do a project about creating- it's a talent, I like it and I enjoy doing it!! Seriously though, I am really proud of my accomplishments and love that I can get acknowledgement and validation from all you wonderful bloggers for doing something that I love so much!
Here are a few details about my project:
I cut the flourishes and the tree from Cindy Loo. This is one of those carts that I tend to forget about, but so much good stuff on here! The butterfly is from Lovely Floral. All the paper is from the MME Miss Caroline line. I like to use patterned paper for titles and die cuts. I added some liquid pearls to the butterfly to accentuate her a little bit, and popped her up on foam dots to lift off the page.
I wasn't planning on putting a tree on this layout, but when I saw this cut I had to do it! The layers are popped up on foam dots to add dimension, and that darling button is from Prima. So cute! I added some kraft twine as well.
Pulled out an oldie but a favorite for the title- All Mixed Up. I have always loved this font!
So. I hope you have enjoyed my project today!

Pin It


Complete Supply List:
All Paper: My Mind's Eye (Miss Caroline)
Cartridges: All Mixed Up (title), Lovely Floral (butterfly) Cindy Loo (tree and flourishes)
Liquid Pearls by Ranger
Twine: My Craft Spot
Button: Prima
Border Punch: Fiskars

 I am entering in the following challenges:

Once Upon a Sketch - All about me
Jaihart Sunday's are Lovely Linky Party
Scrapping Everyday Miracles - This is me- in one word

19 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up to Jaihart! I LOVE your background! I love the edging and YES, you do CREATE....You create VERY WELL too! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty layout, I love all the wonderful colours you used they go so well together. I also love the cut of the tree, I guess it is time to blow the dust off of that cartridge and maybe give it a whirl! TFS! yet another wonderful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet! So upbeat and pretty! Love it! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you Heather. Great lo, so fun, and lovely pic. I love that you celebrate your creative life. Thanks for joining in our challenge at OUAS?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, great layout! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. (I like the tree too, ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fun layout!Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this layout... it is so great! You are very creative so I think that is a wonderful title!!!! Thanks for joining us over at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are celebrating your creativity!! Such a fun layout . . . thanks for sharing it with us at SEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page and great job with the challenge!! Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, your layout is so beautiful!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great!!! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely layout!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your page is so pretty! I just love all the bright colors and your attention to detail. I also like how you photograph your work so we can see all that great detail! We'd miss out on so much of the page without those closeups so I appreciate the extra effort you took to do that. Thanks for joining us over at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous work! Really wonderful page. (and your dogs are adorable!!!:) )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heather, this is such a sweet page. Love the way you used the MME papers, and the new Prima wood buttons. Thanks so much for joining us this month at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful layout, thanks for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. I love all the eye candy on your blog - I just spent some time lookng around, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your fun, pretty page Heather (love those MME papers!). Thanks so much for joining us this month at SEM! Super job!=)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Heather! Nice to "see" you again :) How creative your layout is (I was going to use the same word) and I love it! What beautiful artwork you make! Thanks for joining the SEM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I absolutely love it!!! love all the dimension on this layout! Thanks for joining the SEM Challenge.

    ReplyDelete