Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cooking with Cricut # 77: St. Patricks Day

I am simply thrilled to be continuing on with Cooking with Cricut!  This group is an amazing bunch of talented crafters, and we are welcoming in some talented new members. I hope you take the time to check out all of their fantastic projects. This week we are celebrating St. Patrick's Day with a rainbow theme! I have to admit I was a little at a loss with what to do with my project until I realized all the different ways you could utilize a 'rainbow' on your card. In this particular card I was inspired by one I found on Pinterest here. Here it is:
I used some patterned paper for some of the butterflies, and added some embossing and ribbon. I REALLY love clean and simple (CAS) cards. I think less is more sometimes! For the butterflies I cut them from the Storybook cart and used the 'flip' feature on my Cricut to get the butterflies to 'fly' in opposite directions. I popped them up on foam dots so they could stand out a bit more. The sentiment stamp is from Whimsical Designs.
I hope you enjoy my card and can't wait to see the colorful creations you all come up with! Please come join us!

Supply List:
Cardstock: ColorBok
Patterned Paper from Stash
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug
Ribbon: Michaels
Sentiment Stamp: Whimsical Designs Everyday Sentiments

11 comments:

  1. Hi, Heather, I love your card! The butterflies look great against the white background, and the embossing really adds a nice touch!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I LOVE your style! This card is simple and clean! L.O.V.E it! Smiles, Jill

    P.s. you should link this up to my link party! http://www.jaihartjustlovelydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/sundays-are-lovely-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this card and how you made the "rainbow" with the butterflies. So pretty and they really pop against the white embossed background. I may be scrap lifting this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I feel inspired! And I totaly agree that less is more sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Heather! I really love the simplicity of your card. The rainbow colored butterflies on top of the white embossed card was a superb idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome!! I love the embossing and the rainbow butterflies are fabulous!! What a gorgeous card!! I need to do more CAS cards...this is so pretty :) Thank you so much for entering my blogaversary giveaway :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Heather!! I LOVE your card!! The colors of the butterflies remind me of spring! I LOVE the freshness of this card.....really pretty, girl!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather,
    this is FABULOUS!! I love the embossing.And the way you did the butterflies is wonderful!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather, This is so pretty, CAS!! I would love to try this!
    Awesome!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you made the butterflies a rainbow!!! So cute!!

    Jennie B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful card. I love all the butterfly colors.

    ReplyDelete