Saturday, March 17, 2012

Little Monkey

Happy St. Patrick's Day my friends! I have another layout to share with you today. Two of my favorite challenge sites: The Paper Variety and ScrapFit are joining up this week for a joint challenge. Paper Variety has provided a fun sketch and ScrapFit has a journaling prompt. Earlier this week my sister shared some photos of her boys at the park. As soon as I saw them my crafty brain started spinning, lol. My nephew Sevyn makes the FUNNIEST faces. He always gives me good material to work with. Here is my layout:



Pin It

This is from Echo Park's new This and That collection. They have one that is girl oriented, and one that is boy oriented. REALLY cute prints. The little ticket/receipt that I did my journaling on, as well as the word banners are also from this collection.


The challenge at ScrapFit was to do your journaling in a 'list' style. I listed all the reasons Sevyn is like a Little Monkey.



I used some word plaque printed paper to cut out the banner pieces. I hand cut them and inked the edges, then used my glue pen to draw swirls for the twine. The 'Monkey' part of the title is from Cuttin' Up and the 'little' is letter stickers from the collection.


I cut circles at 2", 1 1/2", 1" and 1/2" from different papers and then offset them and added buttons.



One last close-up of some of Sevyn's silly faces!

Supply List:
Cardstock: Close to my Heart
Patterned Paper: Echo Park (This & That)
Buttons: Stash
Twine: My Craft Spot
Ink: Tim Holtz
Cartridges: Cuttin' Up (title) George & Basic Shapes (Circles)

Entering in the following Challenges:
The Paper Variety - Sketch
ScrapFit: List Journaling
Practical Scrappers - die cuts
For Fun Challenges - Circles
Unique Crafters Challenge - (NEW challenge site, yay! ) Anything goes

17 comments:

  1. Heather!! I just got the This and That Charming collection and may be scraplifting this. TOO cute! I think my favorite thing are those circle embellies. Thanks for joining the fun with TPV and ScrapFit!! :)
    -Suzanne, TPV dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! Thanks for sharing at TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun layout. Love the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep- When I saw the name Heather, I knew it would be Hunny Pot Heather..LOL! Awesome LO as always. Love the details. Thanks for linking up with TPV-Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the circles and the buttons and the colors are great. Thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page!!! I totally love this. I really enjoy watching kids having fun! They bring joy. Thanks for sharing this with us at FOr Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie!! Love your little banner and layered circles :). Thx so much for joining us @ ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab LO with really cute photos - thanks for sharing for the For Fun challenge this week, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is precious beyond belief! Love everything about it! The circles, banner and twine are most fun! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect!! I love how you did the banner with the loose string....just goes with the fun feel of the layout. Love it!

    Thanks for playing "more then one circle challenge" at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you tomorrow when our new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an adorabal LO. It's so sweet. Thanks for playing with us over at FFC.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. great layout!i seriously love your banner!!So glad you played along at ScrapFit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey this is great, I really love it! Thanks for playing along at the paper variety!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun LO!! Love the swirled twine on your banner and the layered circles are so fab too! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. super fun page and love the banner with the works!! LOVE the EP papers!!! thanks sooo much for working out at ScrapFIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is an adorable layout!! I love the pics and the banner!! thanks for joining us at ScrapFit

    ReplyDelete