Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blossom

Hello friends! This layout was originally meant for another project, but it fell through. I decided to go ahead and post it anyway! I LOVE cherry blossoms (or any pink flowering tree, lol!) There's a beautiful one at my parents' house, so I had to snap some pics!


Pin It



I took these photos of my niece last Easter. I love this tree in the spring, all the pink blossoms are SO pretty. I loved how her dress matched the tree! :) I pulled out my Storybook cart and used it for the whole layout- this cart has a pretty font, flowers, borders and fancy corners.
I cut some strips from a striped patterned paper, and then layered one of the corner cuts over the top. I added some liquid pearls for a little more color.
I used liquid pearls on the centers of the flowers as well, and added some fun matching brads.

I used the 'Happy Hello' stamps from the Whimsical Designs Everyday Sentiments set as a sub title. I thought it was cute, like saying hello to Spring :) You can find the set HERE.
The butterfly stickers were kraft colored- I inked them with some pink ink to match the page better.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Supply List:
Cardstock: Colorbok
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce
Cartridge: Storybook
Brads: Fancy Pants
Liquid Pearls: Ranger
Ribbon: Heartfelt Creations
Stamp: Whimsical Designs
Stickers: Studio Calico

I am entering the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - Celebrate Spring (must have at least 3 flowers)
Frosted Designs - Things with Wings
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Spring

10 comments:

  1. This sis such a beautiful layout
    Such adorable pictures and layers and colors.
    So glad you could join us at
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww....what a sweet layout! Love the spring colours. So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog and love your layouts! Beautiful colors! (new follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO! Your details are fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Heather! I made a Cherry Blossom card for this challenge too. Thanks for linking up with FCCB-Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my GORGEOUS job with your AWESOME layout!I LOVE the BEAUTIFUL font and colors,TOO CUTE!Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHat at BEAUTIFUL layout Heather! The colors are amazing together and just love the pic's:) Cute details too! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at FCCB!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. woops~

    What a fabulous layout! Having some nice pictures to go with the layout ~ priceless!

    I'd love it if you hopped over to my blog and became a follower...I'm a little lonely.
    Hugs,
    Michelle
    http://wanderingscissors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete