Monday, March 12, 2012

At the Fair

Hi again! I am really excited about this blog post because I have some really fun products to share with you! I posted previously about the super cool new lines from My Mind's Eye. I used some more products from those collections for this layout. I just love the bright colors and florals mixed with the weathered wood. Fun! This collection is called 'On the Bright Side'. Here's my layout:

My layout design is inspired by the current sketch challenge over at Sketches in Thyme. This is a photo of Hubby and me at the State Fair last summer. I love how the weathered wood, burlap and denim go so well with the subject matter. All the paper is from the MME collection.

I LOVE banners! I'm so glad they are still popular because I am SO not sick of them yet. I love playing with different shapes and ways to do them. These were actually pre-cut shapes that came in the 12X12 paper pack. They matched, so I decided to use them! I popped them up on foam dots for a little extra definition and added some Baker's Twine with my Zig glue pen.

Another favorite trend? Tickets! Still love these! So there is a stamp set from MME that came out with the 'On the Bright Side' Collection that has 4 different ticket images. I was so excited that I could cut out the ticket shapes and stamp the ticket image however I want to go with my project! In this example I cut the tickets on a wood grain patterned paper and then stamped in orange. Also, did you know that Becky Fleck's Pagemaps has Spellbinders dies?? Both sets are ADORABLE but I only have this one. Going to get the other one as well here pretty soon. But this one has two different ticket shapes, so again- so excited that I can cut them and adapt them to whatever project I'm working on. The solid orange ticket was also one of the pre-cut shapes.

How adorable are these burlap flowers from Prima?? I would buy 100 of these if I could. Think I'm gonna get me some burlap and learn to make these, lol!

Lastly, it's a little hard to tell in the photo, but I used a denim patterned paper to cut out the title from Makin' the Grade; and another cute burlap flower.

Supply List:
Cardstock: ColorBok
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (On the Bright Side)
Cartridge: Makin' the Grade (title) Mother's Day Bouquet (Scalloped Circle)
Flowers: Prima
Die: Spellbinders PageMaps Shapeabilities dies
Twine: My Craft Spot
Stamp: My Mind's Eye

I am entering my layout in the following challenges:
Practical Scrappers: Old and New (My new: paper, dies, stamps My old: cartridges, twine)
Sketches in Thyme: sketch
Jaihart Sundays are Lovely Linky Party

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. this is a great layout. love all the ticket accents!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this layout!! Can't wait to get my MME papers (on order)...you're making me want them even more!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! LOVE these bright, happy colors! That woodgrain absolutely sings to me! And your burlap flowers add just the right amount of texture! Delish! Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete