Sunday, January 15, 2012

Road Warrior


It was my Dad's 62nd birthday this past week. I wanted to make a card for him of course, but like many of you making a masculine card is very challenging! My dad is pretty much interested in only one thing: motorcycles- he's a Harley guy! That at least  makes the subject matter easier, lol! I was able to find this digi stamp from Stampin' up (did you all know they made digi's too? I didn't!) I also used my Cuttlebug Diamond plate folder- perfect for a masculine project! The embossing didn't show up too well on this Coredinations cardstock, so I inked over it with some Tim Holtz ink. I added some twine from My Craft Spot and the sentiment is just typed up on my computer. I intended to add some eyelets, but I tore the paper so had to do a little cover-up job. We've all been there right! Anyway, pretty simple card and he really liked the personalization. I am entering this card into the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog's challenge: manly card. Great timing right! Hope you like it!!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love it! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great card-- love all of the details! The embossed piece looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I looooove the projects you made with the art nouveau cartridge. Its my favorite cartridge and i havent seen many people who used it. Im going through all the images and using them in projects on my blog right now so its so nice to see such beautiful inspriational projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is certainly challenging for me to do a masculin card.. you did awesome!!! Just love it!!! I am a new follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So manly! Great job at making a card your dad will LOVE! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB for the Man Time challenge!

    Jessica
    FCCB DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your card!! That is a great stamp!! I love the embossing!! Great Job!!
    Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete