Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dragon Friendship Card

I had a lot of fun coloring this dragon from MelJen's Designs, he is just so cute!!

The dragon is colored with copics and I added some stickles to add some whimsey to the detailing around him. The paper is from Pebbles. (American Crafts is based here in Utah and they have a big warehouse sale once a year. I am so lucky, I scored on TONS of absolutely darling patterned paper from them! You will be seeing alot more of it in the coming months! :) I also used a border punch from American Crafts (also scored at the warehouse sale, lol!) Tied a little ribbon, (surprise surprise, ALSO from American Crafts!) and done! I found this tutorial on how to tie bows using a fork on pinterest. I used it to tie this bow! It's a little tough, because this ribbon is probably a little stiffer than the ideal ribbon for this technique, but I still felt it came out pretty good! You can find that tutorial here.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

MelJen's Challenge blog- stars
Shopping Our Stash - Use a MelJen's Image
Victorine Stamps - punches
Heart Song Inspirations - Anything goes

7 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! I am so happy you liked my layout for The Paper Variety! Yes, Bauer is our boxer puppy! He is just 7 months old. I love boxers! Had them growing up and then my husband and I had one (Gilmore) for 9 years. We went 2 years with no dog but this summer we welcomed Bauer to our home! I love him, he is the best thing we have done in a long time! I named him Bauer after the brand of Hockey Equipment! BTW - Love your blog and creations! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! So glad you joined our Heart Song Inspiration Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your colouring on this sweet Meljen's image! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that image...it is adorable and so it the way you coloured it! Thanks for playing in the Shopping our Stash Rewind challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your use of stars!! Great idea!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Meljen's Designs this week!
    hugs,
    audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you colored the little dragon. How lucky to live so close to the warehouse! Love that border punch and that ribbon!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Stars challenge!

    ReplyDelete