Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Scrapbook Trend #2: Spray Ink

Hello all and welcome to the 2nd installment of my 2012 Scrapbook Trends project. Today's trend is: Spray Ink. This is a trend that I am pretty familiar with and have utilized many times in the past (love this look!) HOWEVER, I did just recently acquire some opaque white ink from Studio Calico that I was very excited to try out (with kraft paper in particular). I saw this look in a magazine, and love it! I didn't think I would be able to get opaque white spray ink so I was pretty excited to find it! So here is my project:

You are all probably pretty used to seeing layouts of my dogs by now, lol! They are my 'fur' kids so the subject of most of my work. In this particular layout I wanted to highlight a silly little quirk of June's, which is that she LOVES to burrow under blankets, especially when they are in 'motion'. I was lucky to grab this shot of her when she was making herself comfortable under my quilt. Here are some close-ups of the journaling (where you can see the spray ink a little better) as well as the cute butterfly sticker in 'kraft color', also from Studio Calico:

Supply list:
Kraft paper: Bazill
Patterned paper & flowers: American Crafts
Butterfly stickers & spray ink: Studio Calico
Border punch; Martha Stewart
Twine: My Craft Spot
Buttons: Button Bonanza
Cartridge for title: Jasmine
Decorative Tape: 7 Gypsies

I am also entering my layout in the following challenges:
HeartSong Inspirations - Buttons and/or Brads
My Craft Spot - Anything Goes
PollyCraft - Favorite Things (my faves: MS Border punch, Kraft paper with spray ink, rosette embellies, American Crafts and my cute doggie June!)
Victorine Stamps - Anything goes
Totally Gorjuss - Keep it Simple
ScrapFit Weekend Warm-up - use Kraft

Stay tuned for my  next 2012 Scrapbook Trend project featuring... Baker's Twine!!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Loved the pic of your dog as well. Nice effect with the Studio Calico ink technique. I'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...that pic is too cute! The LO looks great showcasing it! Love the ink! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at My Craft Spot this week!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Heather! Fab photo and your layout is awesome! I love that white spray ink!

    Thanks for joining us for the My Favourite Things Challenge at Pollycraft!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great shot!! Love this fun LO - the white mist is so fab on the kraft!! Love the subtle touch of the butterflies a little darker than the kraft!! Thanks for joining us for our Weekend Warm-Up at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for playing along with Totally Gorjuss. Stop by for our new challenge this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love your design, the misting and those cute butterflies!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete