Saturday, May 26, 2012

Practical Scrappers Frugal Finds

Hello crafty friends! I am not sure if you are aware, but Practical Scrappers has a cool installment on their blog every month called Frugal Finds. It shows you how to take everyday objects and transform them into cool embellishments for your projects! This installment we are using produce mesh- like the kind your onions or oranges come in! I decided to use the mesh and some paint as a way to add texture to my background paper! I used the new Echo Park Note to Self line- once I laid my eyes on that view finder paper I did not waste a second getting my paws on it! lol! Here is my layout:
I was so LUCKY to get these HILARIOUS photos of my nephew Sevyn crawling through the doggy door! How can you not smile at that face peeking through the flap?? haha! As far as the mesh, I cut out a square, smeared some acrylic paint on (yes, this was a little bit of a messy project!) and then I layed it down on my background paper in random places. Here are some close-ups:
I used the letter stickers from the Note to Self sticker sheet for my title. It's fitting, right? ;)
I cut some border pieces from the cork patterned paper with my Ribbons and Rosettes cart. I just recently re-discovered this cart for it's border cuts and I have used it like 3 times in one week already, lol!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to take a second look at some of those household items that you might usually throw away! Make sure you stop by the Practical Scrappers blog for some additional ideas on how to use those mesh bags in your projects!!

Supply List:

Kraft: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper/stickers: Echo Park (Note to Self)
Acrylic Paint: Apple Barrel
Cartridge: Ribbons and Rosettes (borders)


1 comment: