Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Practical Scrappers DT Post: Negative Space

Hello friends and welcome to another post for Practical Scrappers. Today we are featuring layouts that use negative space. Again so many different ways to go with this, and different interpretations of what you consider negative space. I chose to use the negative space of shapes that I cut into my base with my Cricut, as well as the negative space of some letters that I used for the title. Here is the layout:
This is a cute photo I took of Cash with his toy using Instagram. So this is how I utilized the 'negative space' on this layout. First, I took my piece of kraft paper and cut some shapes with my Cricut. I moved the blade around the mat as well as varied the size to create more interest. This could also be done (probably more easily) with the Gypsy and CCR. After cutting my shapes I adhered patterned paper behind the cut-out shapes negatives, and then added the positives around them. Here is a better look:
I layered my photo and a paper strip over a bigger shape:
I then cut part of my title on a 'scratch' piece of paper. I laid down the negative over where I wanted my title and sponged on some acrylic paint:
I sponged some additional paint (I used a wadded-up paper towel as my 'sponge') along the edges of the layout at the top and bottom, and added a couple of small border strips.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out the rest of the DT's amazing projects at Practical Scrappers, and if you would like to see your layout featured on the blog join our Tuesday Challenge!

Supply List:
Kraft Paper: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Cartridges: Accent Essentials, Type Candy
Paint: Apple Barrel
Border Punch: American Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment