Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Meeting Papa

Hi my friends! Today I have a special layout to share with you!
This was a moment when my dad was meeting Henry for the first time. Just a little background- Henry was 6 years in the making. There were many (including myself) that had concluded that being a mom just wasn't going to be in the cards for me. But then a miracle happened. Sometimes things just need to happen at the right time, right place and with the right people. So Henry was due on my dad's birthday, and I was around 10 1/2 weeks on Father's Day so we decided that was when we would announce my pregnancy. Because of those ties to my dad we wrote it all up in a card and had him read aloud it in front of everybody, however he figured out what we were trying to say and got very emotional before he could finish reading the card. 
It was a very sweet and special memory for us, so I wanted to do a special layout showing when my dad finally met his newest grandson. As you can probably tell, my dad is a biker and looks like one! So I wanted to marry some harder biker-ish elements with the sweeter baby elements in the layout, so I added some gear shapes, and the "wild thing" phrase in honor of my dad, "Papa".
I love stars on boy pages and probably overuse them a bit, but I love the rounded edges of these stars from the Baby Steps cartridge- so cute for baby boy pages! I used the DCWV My Sunshine Stack for this page.
I seriously love this viewfinder cut- I think I will be using this one a LOT in the future! And I still love Chevron, what can I say? It's not going to be going anywhere on my layouts anytime soon.
I designed the title on my Cricut Explore, and mixed fonts to create one that is softer and one that is harder (Blackletter) to represent the baby and the biker. :)

Here is the stack I used- some really cute design elements (phrases and journaling cards) for kid pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment