Sunday, April 13, 2014

Brand New

Hiya! So today I have a layout to share featuring the awesome Vintage Collector stack from DCWV. I'm not sure if you're aware, but DCWV started making embellishments to coordinate with their paper, and they started with coordinating embellishments for this stack. Let me tell you, these embellishments are AWESOME. Really fun, really on trend and a great variety. They have dimensional stickers, alphas, washi, chipboard frames and some fun 3D elements that coordinate with the paper. You should definitely check it out! I happen to be a big fan of this line as it uses a lot of elements that are "my style". Here is what I created with it:
Everything I used on the page is from the DCWV Vintage Collector line. Fun fun line. For the title I fussy cut the letters from a page that has the entire alphabet in these cute blocks. I used letters from both the 6x6 and 12x12 stacks to get the varying sizes.
They have a book of different stickers, many of which have space for journaling, so I used that for my journaling spot. The journaling is telling about the big plans for Henry's newborn photos that I had. I researched posing newborns and pored over Pinterest for ideas. I knew that the shots had to be taken in the first 2 weeks, when newborns sleep a lot. That way you can get them into those cute poses without too much fuss. I was so proud that I would be able to take his shots myself since I had been studying photography and wouldn't have to pay another photographer. Well, life doesn't always go as we plan it and Henry just did not want to stay asleep- or calm- to have his photo taken. I only managed to get a couple good shots. Oh well! He has had many sessions since then where he was cooperative and I've gotten some great shots of him!! The journaling reads: I had very big plans for your first newborn photo shoot. Unfortunately they required you to be very asleep & you didn't want to cooperate! I only managed to get a couple good shots. But there were many photo shoots to come!"
This is one of the many adorable chipboard frames, that I have layered over a dimensional camera sticker.
I LOVE these ribbon paper clips- they add such a fun element. And the heart washi has a wood background. So cute!!
This is another sticker. The chevron border was cut from a full printed page of cute chevron with different patterns.
Here is a peek at the Vintage Collector line- you should definitely check it out so they will continue to make these cute embellies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment