Saturday, April 19, 2014

All Bundled Up for True Xoxo Scrapbooking

Hi all! I was honored to be selected as a guest Designer over at True XoXo Scrapbooking this month. If you haven't checked out this blog, you definitely should. Every month they have a new challenge that involves scraplifting the work of a Design Team member. I think this is a really fun idea because for one, it is different than the usual sketch or theme challenges. For two, there are so many ways you can scraplift someone's work- you can take their project and use it as a sketch, or get inspired from a design element or color scheme. Or even just go off the subject matter of the original layout. There are so many possibilities and it is such a unique way to get inspired. Here is my layout: (Sorry again for the weird shadows and color casts on the photos, I'm going to have to work on that!)
And here is the page from the talented Tess that I scraplifted:
I really love her layout and used many elements for inspiration. For one, the basic design. I used her page as a sketch, and just upsized it a bit. I journaled directly on my background paper as she did. I tried to place some of my elements where she had her coffee ring inking and I also used some enamel elements as embellishments like she did with the enamel dots.
I usually have rather large titles on my pages, so I thought it would be fun to downsize it for a change, using the letter stickers that came in the paper pack I was using- Keepin' Cozy by Echo Park. Those itsy bitsy tiny little minuscule pearl elements are from Doodlebug and I just love them. They are so tiny and cute!! The enamel arrows are from them as well.
I layered some cute washi in the upper left corner with some snowflake stickers from the kit. I also used a snowflake shape as a background element (where Tess used a cute doily) as my page had to do with bundling up from the cold.
Here I used a snowflake border (where Tess used a pretty flourish) to frame my photo and then added a cute little Nordic deer sticker.

I had a lot of fun with this challenge, and it looks like I will be joining them next month as well! They have a really talented design team and I am always inspired by their work, so I hope you will stop by and give it a try! It's a fun way to get those creative juices flowing, AND you could be picked to be a guest designer for them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment