Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Baby Mine

Hi friends! Got another layout with some fun DCWV product to share with you. This is one of the few usable newborn photos I was able to get of Henry. Little stinker just didn't want to cooperate! I talked about this in a previous post so I won't get into it too much here. Anyway, I used the Baby Boy stack. There are two of these stacks, so they must have updated it and I think this is the older one to be honest, but you might still be able to find it. Here is the layout:
I like the color palette of this stack and it worked so well with the colors of my photo.
So I found these cute little baby image squares in my stash. The colors kind of matched so I thought I would try to modernize them a bit to use on this layout. I used some glaze and was going for a square flair kind of look. I'm not sure how well it worked, but hey, at least I tried something new, right? It always makes me feel good when I can use up something from my stash, and it had been awhile since I broke out the glaze- I used to use that stuff ALL the time!!
The background sheet I chose had this cute little turtle in the lower corner. I knew I would end up covering up at least part of it so I fussy-cut out another one from another sheet and popped it up over the original. He was too cute to cover up!
Cut the title from Baby Steps, and welded it in design space, then I doodled around the edges.
Used one of the cute cut-out journaling cards for my journaling, and used some others as design elements on my page. 

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed the project!! Here's the stack I used in case you would like to hunt it out for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment