Saturday, November 30, 2013

Winter Subway Art box decoration

I thought I would share some of the other crafts that I have been doing lately (besides layouts! Yes, I do occasionally do something different! ha!) There's an awesome store here in Utah called The Wood Connection. They sell unfinished wood craft projects which you can then paint and decorate however you like. They recently started doing out-of-state delivery, so you should definitely check them out! This project was SUPER easy. All I needed was a 12x12 wood shadow box, a subway art style scrapbook paper, acrylic paint, brush, wood glue (or Mod Podge) and ribbon.
It was really this simple: I painted the edges with the acrylic paint and a foam brush. I then painted some wood glue onto the front and carefully adhered the scrapbook paper. Some people use Mod Podge for this, but the gals in the store said they use wood glue, so that is what I have used and it has always worked out great. I figured- if it ain't broke, why fix it, right? I then adhered some ribbon around the outside edge using the red super tacky tape. I topped it all off with a big bow and a cute fabric button that I adhered with a craft dot. Easy peasy!!


Subway art is so popular right now, and I thought this was such an easy method to make a cute home decor item using it! Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment