Wednesday, November 13, 2013

So Thankful for you... for Scrapbook USA Expo

Hello my friends! I was asked to create a Thanksgiving themed project with some awesome product from DCWV.  I decided to do a slightly untraditional layout with the theme of thankfulness by paying tribute to someone in my life that I am very thankful for! DCWV has some amazing new product that is so fun to play with, and adds some beautiful texture and interest to your pages. One of which is the Fiber Natural stack and then the Burlap Paper stack. Both come in 6x6 pads, and the possibilities of how you can utilize them are endless! I especially loved playing with these textures for a fall-themed page. I love the texture it created on my page and how it really complemented the fall- themed paper.
 

Here is the layout I created using DCWV The Wild Splendor stack (Last year's fall themed stack):
I love the fall colors in non-traditional patterns. I have always liked ruler patterns, and of course chevron!
I adore these leaves. The glitter-y maple leaf was fussy cut from one of the papers in the stack, but the other leaf I made using the Fiber Naturals paper. I traced a leaf pattern and then used Distress ink. I used an ink dauber for part of it, then ran the leaf directly over the ink pad for the darker spots. The texture in the paper picked up the ink so well and gave it a very realistic looking color pattern. It was really fun to play with this and I love how it turned out.
Here is a close up of the burlap paper. It is basically like burlap fabric with a paper backing. There are so many fun things that you could do with this paper, and I absolutely love it for fall projects. I used it in this layout to just add a little extra texture and interest. I cut the title from my Cricut using the Thanksgiving cartridge, and then added some Thickers in a burlap color/pattern.
Lastly, I fussy-cut some chevron shapes from one of the papers in the pad and popped them up on foam dots for some dimension.
Thanks for looking at my project today, and be sure to check out the awesome new stacks from DCWV- I think you will have a blast finding creative uses for these textured papers!




No comments:

Post a Comment