Thursday, January 3, 2013

HOPEful for Sketches in Thyme

Hello my friends! I have another layout to share with you today, based off another awesome sketch over at Sketches in Thyme! This week we are on sketch #98- and it's a really good one!

Here is my layout:


This layout was very personal for me, and I actually got emotional while creating it. Which only served to remind me how meaningful it is, this hobby of ours. It is so much more than just an expensive way to pass time. I think it's important to document your life- both the good AND the bad, and even the ugly. On this page I am documenting a hopeful outlook during a very tumultuous time. My life may have been far from perfect, but I tried to always look for the positive. I have a number of photos of myself representing different aspects of this difficult time that I am looking forward to scrapping. This was the first one!

Here are some additional details about the project:


This was a very deliberate 'correction' on this cute sticker. I was trying to make the point that there is no longer an 'our' but I still have a story worth telling. All of the paper and stickers are from the amazing Dear Lizzy Fifth and Frolic line. Really really beautiful. I simply love her!!


How cute is this sticker?! Another cool thing about these- I'm not sure if this was deliberate or not, but these 'stickers' had very little STICK to them. I thought this was actually pretty cool, because if you want the option of using dimensional adhesive you don't have to un-stick them first.


Apparantly gold is all the rage these days. I wasn't always a fan, but I am really liking it now!


Lastly a close up of my journaling. For those of you familiar with my work I am not a big 'journaler'. Maybe a name, location and a date at the most. But some pages just call for it and this was one of them. I kept it a little vague, but you get the general idea.

Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my project. I really hope you liked it! Be sure to visit Sketches in Thyme and join us with one of your own awesome creations!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work, Heather! I have a hard time documenting the not-so-good times, but you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completly agree w/ you about the good and bad times. Scrapping is about capturing our lives and life is not always "good", unfortunately.
    Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete