Thursday, April 17, 2014

Mommy's Little Monster

I am really loving fun, bright colors right now. Especially for my baby boy pages. Echo Park has some great boy lines with these fun brights. I used one of their lines for this cute monster layout. I apologize in advance for the weird shadows in most of these photos. :/
We got a few shots of Henry in this adorable monster hat that his cousin made for him, so I thought a monster themed page would be so fun. Plus those little monster die cuts are just too stinkin' cute, especially for boy pages. I got to work out my new Cricut Explore quite a bit with this page, and it was a blast!
For starters I cut out a big gear shape to layer on the back of the page. I thought it was more fitting than just a circle shape. Then I picked out a cute monster and cut all the layers. I popped some of the layers up for dimension.
I thought it would be nice to use some honeycomb shapes to mirror the honeycomb border sticker I had used. Plus, I got a new honeycomb punch so I thought I would give it a workout. I haven't used a lot of punches in the past because I knew I could always cut the shape with my Cricut, and save the money on the punch. However, for some of the basic shapes that I use a lot those punches are just so much more darn convenient! I shoulda seen that long ago! I popped up every other hexagon and added some cute star stickers.
I used three different fun fonts for my title. I believe the 'Mommy's' and 'little' were fonts that I downloaded on my laptop, and the 'monster' is from the Dinosaur cartridge. I thought it worked very well for a monster page as well!
And lastly, how cute is this 'RAWR'?? I knew I wanted to put a speech bubble with 'RAWR' since it looks like he is *actually* saying 'RAWR' in his photo! Then I found this ready made one and it couldn't have been more perfect for my page! 

I hope you enjoyed my project, thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment