Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Cutie for ScrapbookPal.com

Hi everyone!! I hope you are having a festive holiday season! I am back today with another Christmas themed layout for ScrapbookPal.com! You might be aware of a very popular trend in paper crafting right now, and that is chevrons. I love this look, and have seen so many fun ways to reproduce it on projects. This is my version of a chevron look using the Teresa Collins Sophisticated cartridge! If you use the 'border' function on the cartridge there are both a zig zag and what looks like a rik rak shape border cuts. I chose the zig zag and then used my gypsy to weld two of the shapes together. Here is the end result:
My layout design was inspired by a fun sketch over at Creative Scrappers (#233) and I used some cute holiday patterned paper from Echo Park. To begin I took a basic white piece of cardstock and sprayed it with some red and green glimmer mist. I tried to depress the spray nozzle a little slower in order to get the bigger splatters as opposed to a finer mist look.
I cut the zig zag shape 5 times using different coordinating patterned papers, and then laid them out on my background page. Because the zig zags were on the thinner side, I used my zig glue pen to easily apply adhesive.
I created a little cluster in the lower left corner using coordinating stickers and embellishments.
I also used coordinating stickers to create my title. I like to use sticker letters for my title to finish my layout quickly and easily.
Lastly, I fussy cut some cute phrases from one of the patterned papers using myCutter Bee fine tip scissors, and then layered them in a cluster in the upper left corner over some fun washi tape and stickers. I adhered some of the phrases with foam dots to add some more dimension.

Thank you for stopping by to see my project today, and be sure to check out my complete ScrapbookPal.com supply list:

No comments:

Post a Comment