Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Cousins for ScrapbookPal.com

Hello and thanks for stopping by today! I have a Christmas Layout to share with you today using the popular Teresa Collins December 25th cartridge, available at ScrapbookPal.com. Be sure to head over and grab a copy before the season is over- only $22.99!! Here is my layout:
I used some fun winter/holiday papers from Basic Grey and a sketch by Creative Scrappers (# 218). 
I love how well this sleigh cut fit into my layout. It is a really fun and versatile cut that could be used for all sorts of projects. I layered a few different strips of washi tape underneath the cut, and then added some coordinating little stickers on top. Because of the delicate filigree design on the bottom of the sleigh, I like to use my Zig glue pen- it makes it easy to place a coat of adhesive on those delicate cuts without damaging it.
For my title I used a phrase cut from the cartridge that said 'Merry Christmas' but used just the 'Christmas' portion, then I added some letter stickers for the second word. I like to mix up fonts, colors and styles on my titles- it makes it more visually interesting. Also, when I have a vey intricate cut like the "Christmas" I like to run it through my Xyron Sticker maker. Makes getting an even coat of adhesive very quick and easy.
To finish off I added some more coordinating stickers. Overall a very quick and easy layout!

Thank you for stopping by today- make sure to see my complete ScrapbookPal supply list:


1 comment:

  1. Heather, this is absolutely stunning. I love how you included so many wintry/Christmas-y elements, but they don't overwhelm the page. Beautiful!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete