Monday, December 17, 2012

98% Nice 2% Naughty...

Hi! In case you missed my guest spot over on Every Day is an Occasion a couple weeks ago- here is a rerun :)

Hello my friends! I am thrilled to be here doing a guest post for my good friend, Jill! My crafty project of choice is doing scrapbook layouts so I have a Christmas layout to share with you today! Here it is:


So I realize that the font in the title can be a little bit deceiving, but for clarification it says: '98% Nice, 2% Naughty' ;) which perfectly describes not only the photo, but my nephew in general! I thought the photo had just a little bit of a vintage element with the old fashioned Santa and the colors, so I found some great vintage-looking Graphic 45 product to complement it. Here are some close ups and additional details:
I cut out this adorable garland from Joys of the Season and added some matching jeweled brads to enhance it a bit.
Here is a better look at the title- I mixed the fonts, and also shadowed all the letters with kraft paper to make them stand out a little from the busy background paper. The stamps and postcards were fussy cut from some of the Graphic 45 papers. I love the vintage look of it!
Here is a closer look at those gorgeous vintage postcards and stamps. On one of them I did try to create that typical stamp border with a hole punch- but it was WAY too time consuming, lol so only one of them has that border on it, but I felt they looked good either way.
I hope you have enjoyed my project- thank you so much for taking the time to look at it! Please stop by Everyday is an Occasion and leave Jill some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment