Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thanksgiving Table for ScrapbookPal.com

If you are looking for the Scrapbook USA Expo Blog Hop please go HERE



I am SO super excited to be back with a creation on behalf of ScrapbookPal.com! I want to take a moment to thank the folks over at ScrapbookPal for not only being understanding when I needed to take some time due to personal issues, but for allowing me to come back and create with them again! If you have never visited ScrapbookPal.com it would really be worth your time to go give them a little visit. They have all the supplies you need for any kind of paper crafting project and then some, and their prices are the most reasonable I've found on the web.
Here is a layout I created using ScrapbookPal products:
These are some photos of my mother in law's elegant Thanksgiving Table, so I wanted to create an elegant layout to showcase them. Elegant is not always my style, so it was a little challenging but I think I am pretty happy with the result. I started with a Page Maps sketch for inspiration and added some pretty Autumn-inspired papers from SEI. I liked that they had a shimmery texture, or foil embossed designs that matched the elegance of the page. Here are some details:
One of the cool things that ScrapbookPal carries is these mist-able flowers from Petaloo. They are white in the package, and you can ink or color them however you want. I colored mine with some spray ink by October Afternoon and then added some glimmer mist to add a little sparkle. Hopefully you can see the shimmer in the picture. I loved that I could manipulate the flowers to match my layout in any way I chose, and they absorbed the ink very well.
Here are some more flowers and a rosette I created with the Ribbons and Rosettes cart. I added a fleur de lis shape and some really cool metal flowers from Basic Grey.
I tend to always go to my Cricut collection when cutting titles, but I have recently realized how nice it is to add some letter stickers in there to mix it up a bit, and it is also much more time saving. Because 'Thanksgiving' is such a long word it was easier to use small letter stickers and not take up the whole page.

I hope you enjoyed my project! Thanks so much for stopping by, and be sure to stop by ScrapbookPal.com to pick up some supplies for your own projects!!

Here are the ScrapbookPal supplies that I used:


No comments:

Post a Comment