Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving for ScrapbookPal

Hi friends! I am back with another Thanksgiving layout on behalf of ScrapbookPal.com. Today I have a fun family photo with just the girls that was taken on Thanksgiving day. I wanted to do something more whimsical and fun with it, but keep the Autumn and Thanksgiving theme.
I started with some fun fall papers from Echo Park and a sketch from Page Maps for inspiration. Here are some close-ups:
I found this burlap strip/ribbon in a local store and thought it would be perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving projects. Because of the texture and open weave I needed a really strong adhesive to keep it on the page, so I pulled out my scor tape. It worked great. I am a HUGE owl fan, a little obsessed even, so I had to utilize all the owls that came in this pack in one way or another. This little guy was a sticker, but I added some 3D foam dots for some extra dimension, then layered another sticker underneath him.
I popped up this cute wooden pennant on some foam dots as well and layered it over a  shape that I fussy cut from one of the fun papers. I use my cutter bee scissors whenever I fussy cut anything, because the tips are so fine and sharp it makes it very easy to get in intricate and small spaces. I layered a couple of smaller strips of patterned paper on the top and bottom of the page, and ran 2 of them through a border punch. I then topped them with some matching washi tape. ScrapbookPal has a great selection of fun, colorful and on-trend washi tapes. You should definitely check it out and pick some up for your next projects.

Well, that's my project for today. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and take a look! And be sure to head over to ScrapbookPal.com to pick up some of these great supplies for yourself!

ScrapbookPal Supply List:

No comments:

Post a Comment