Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cooking with Cricut # 81: Girl/Teen Girl Thinking of You

Hello my friends and welcome to another Wednesday challenge at Cooking with Cricut. We have a special theme this week. We are making cards to send to two very special girls who are going through a pretty rough time. Patty is the daughter of a friend of one of our designers. She is 13 and fighting a rare form of cancer. Emily is a 6 year old fighting leukemia, and is this month's recipient for Madison's Feel the Love project. We are making cards/projects to send them a little cheer. Here are my cards:
 
When I saw this theme I immediately wanted to pull out my Rock Princess cart. I think it is so girlie and fun, but still has that rocker edge. I kept with a pink and black color scheme as it fits so perfectly with the images. Here are the individual cards:
 
For the most part they are the same, but I did change one image so they had a little difference. On this one I used the cute skullie with the big bow, and the kitty rocking the headphones in the other:
 
I inked the edges of the card and the patterned paper mat with black ink for a little definition and edge. I wanted to add a little 'you rock' sentiment to the interior, so I used a stamp from Whimsical Designs:
I hope you will join us in sending a HUGE crafty hug to these two very deserving little girls. You can find all the info on the Cooking with Cricut blog.

Supply List:
Patterned Paper: DCWV
Cardstock: Bazzil
Cartridge: Rock Princess
Sentiment Stamp: Whimsical Designs
Rik Rak Ribbon: American Crafts

6 comments:

  1. This gorgeous creation will definitely lift Patty's spirits.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally LOVE both of your cards! Such colorful, cheery cards that "ROCK"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, Heather! I love the kitty with headphones!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather,
    Your cards really are perfect for these little girls. They will both rock to see them.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and the layout! Super fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather these two cards are gonna bring some encouragement to these girls! What a sweet gesture AND LOVE the cards!!!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete