Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2 Christmas layouts with Basic Grey for Scrapbook USA Expo

Hi all! I'm back with a couple more Christmas layouts- this time using some beautiful Basic Grey product. I was sent a paper pack of their 25th and Pine collection. This collection includes a TON of pretty papers as well as an embellishment sticker sheet and an alpha sticker sheet. The thing I love the most about Basic Grey product is the fun and unique patterns and the how well they coordinate together. I always find it inspiring to find different ways to incorporate as many of them as I can into my projects. This collection is no exception. Here is the first layout:
This is the Christmas photo we're using this year. Our baby is due January 12th, but he could be here any day really! I have asked him not to come on or before Christmas, but anytime after that is all good! Hence, the "Do Not Open Before Christmas" tag. Because this photo had some darker colors, I liked that the paper patterns had some darker colors in it as well.
The "special delivery" tag couldn't be more perfect, right? It even says "Do Not Open Before Dec. 25"! I love it. Both this and the gold tree tag were cut out from a page with lots of different tags and journaling blocks.
The upper sticker said 'Christmas Greetings'. I only wanted the 'Christmas' part so I covered with another sticker and layered the second part of my title over the rest. The 'bliss' font is the sticker alphabet that came with the pack.
There were several cute, coordinating border stickers as well as some fun shape and journaling stickers. Because the background pattern is so bold, I decided to keep the rest of the layout more simple so there wasn't too much distraction on the page.

Here is my second layout:

The color palette is a little subdued and almost vintage-y looking. I cut out some snowflake-like shapes from my Cricut and used the insides as well, showing the reverse paper patterns. Always looking for ways to incorporate more paper onto my layout!
I used some border strips here- I love incorporating these in my layouts and Basic Grey's are very unique! This ticket was cut from a page of cute tags, tickets, journaling tags and other cute images.
This cluster includes another tag cut from a page, as well as some of the cute stickers.
I found some coordinating thickers and used them for my title.
Again I had enough paper and embellishments left over to at least do another layout or two as well as several cards! Lots of fun, cuteness to work with! Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. OK, I melted at the bow tied around your tummy, that was just plain adorable! Happy New Year, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout..I too love the bow tied around your tummy..very cute. I am now a new follower and can't wait to see what you make in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bow around your baby bump is just adorable. Love all the layering on your LO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling Christmas card!!! Love your blog - so glad Sandee introduced us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. already was following this blog! Whadoyaknow!! The ribbon around ya tummy just made me melt to pieces!! great pages you have here! :) I'm in FD with you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout! I too found you from Sandee. :) New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely work and yes that bow is delightful. I have also found you through FD.

    ReplyDelete