Thursday, September 12, 2013

A New Beginning...

HIYA!!! I bet many of you have been wondering where the heck I have been! I can't believe I haven't posted anything since last April! No I did not die, or quit scrapbooking and blogging. It's been a pretty crazy Spring and Summer with a lot of changes. I have moved twice in the past several months, and did not have a crafting space for quite a few months. I also got divorced last year, and met someone new in the Spring- and he is fantastic! But most importantly- we are expecting a baby in January! A baby boy! This is my first child, as many of you know, I "borrow" my nieces and nephews on a fairly regular basis because I didn't have children of my own. Now I will be able to scrapbook and document my OWN baby boy! So there's the lengthy explanation, and now on to a new project to share with y'all!
I'm not sure if many of you are aware, but I have been designing for DCWV for close to a year now. They have been an amazing, inspirational and generous company to design for and I have been honored to be on their team. So for this project I used their Linen Closet stack. This stack has a lovely natural cream, blue and brown palette with pretty gold foil accents. Lots of fun journaling and title cards as well. I really like it a lot. Here is a photo of the stack:
And here are some detailed photos of my project:
These are fussy cut from the journaling/title card pages. A lot of cute sayings are included in this stack. I also cut a border piece from the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge and used the negatives (positives?) as confetti in a couple places on the page.
I fussy cut some honeycomb shapes from one of the papers in the stack and then layered them on pop-dots to add a little dimension and make them stand out from the background paper. You can also get a better look at the heart "confetti".
Made the title with Thickers. I am finding I am turning to these more and more these days because it is just so much faster and easier and I really love the way they makes my pages pop.
I repeated the honeycomb shapes and heart confetti on the top right of the page as well.

I hope you enjoyed my project. I wish it hadn't been so long since I've posted anything, but I plan on being a more frequent crafter and blogger now that things have settled a bit! Thanks for hanging in there with me! On a side note, I have created a series of photos documenting my growing baby bump- I am so in love with it! Just wanted to share with you:

Thanks again for taking a look!!

Project linked to Everyday is an Occasion Sunday Funday Link Party

2 comments:

  1. Very nice layout! Congratulations on your news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow congrats!!! that is sooo exciting!!! and great layout!!

    ReplyDelete