Thursday, June 7, 2012

ScrapbookPal Post: Father's Day Card

Hello crafty friends! I have a Father's Day card to share with you today for my ScrapbookPal.com post! So first I have to explain that my dad is into anything Harley or motorcycle related. I have given him motorcycle cards in the past, so this time I just wanted a little of that 'flavor'. Here is my card:
The dotted overlay is a cool image that I just stumbled upon when browsing through my Graphically Speaking cartridge book. I thought it was really cool and had a sort of machine-esque vibe. Because of all the open holes, I wasn't quite sure what kind of adhesive to use. I ultimately decided to go with a glue stick and it worked out great! Of course I had to throw some orange in there for Harley!
I like to use the diamond plate embossing folder on my Dad's card. It's DEFINITELY motorcycle related! I inked it up with some distress ink so the embossing would stand out a bit more.
I added a little sentiment stamp from Pink by Design that I thought my dad would dig. This stamp is actually from the Inner Princess set. Just goes to show you can always find unique ways to use the sentiments in your stamp sets.
This is the interior of the card. I cut out the shape from Elegant Edges, then printed out the 'Happy Father's Day' sentiment on my computer. I saw this tip online and it was quite easy! I typed up the sentiment and sized it to the way I wanted it, then I printed it out on a regular piece of paper. I then adhered my shape over the printing (I positioned it based on where I wanted it to print) with repositionable adhesive and ran it through the printer again. This was the end result- I was quite happy with it! I just hope my dad is too ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, please see my complete ScrapbookPal.com supply list below, in case you want to get some goodies for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment