Saturday, February 4, 2012

2012 Scrapbook Trend #4: Nautical Motifs

Happy Saturday Night Blog-land! Welcome to another installment of 2012 Scrapbook Trends. Number 4 is Nautical Motifs. Okay, I might have stretched it a little bit on this one. Pretty sure the Nautical Motifs they are referring to are red, tan and navy colors, nautical stars, anchors, rope, that sort of thing. But I just didn't have any pictures or images that would fit with that right now, and I did have these cute pics of my nieces playing in the backyard pool. Mermaids and fishies are still nautical, right?? LOL Hope you like my project anyway :) I apologize for the quality of the pics- my camera struggles when there is a lot of white.


The sketch design is from the Paper Variety Challenge this week. I really like this sketch, I think there are so many ways you could go with this! All the 'nautical' cuts are from Life is a Beach, including the title. I added the 's' from the font layer (the actual title was 'Little Mermaid') as I have TWO little mermaids. I also added the layers on the mermaid. I cut the title at 4 inches and measured the mermaid to be 3 1/2 inches. I cut the mermaid layers at 3 1/2 inches and it fit perfectly. I liked her better with the layers than just the pink she would have been. I am sure this could also have easily been done with CCR but I am still intimidated by it, lol. The clouds are from Paper Pups. Here are some details:


I added some turquoise stickles to her fin,


I added some Liquid Pearls to make some bubbles. This is a relatively new product for me and I am already in love. I love that you can vary the size of the pearl, and pretty much use it wherever you want.


I then doodled a border around the page and done! I hope you enjoyed my project, and check back later for trend # 5: Chalkboard (REALLY excited to try this one out!)

Supply List:
Cardstock: ColorBok
Patterned Paper: SEI
Cartridges: Life's a Beach, Paper Pups
Liquid Pearls, Zig Pen, stickles

I am also entering my layout in the following challenges:

The Paper Variety - sketch
Scrap Fit - Build your layout around a white paper base
Crafts and Me - Bright colors

16 comments:

  1. Heather, first of all, your nieces are ADORABLE!!!! Second, mermaids and fish are most definitely nautical. And third, your layouts are always so beautiful! And this one is no exception. :) Simply lovely.

    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    P.S. White is my camera's nemesis too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this! So sweet :0) I love your spin on 'nautical' it works perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is adorable. I LOVE it. Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is super cute, and the layout wonderful, I love it...awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout lovely pics and i love the fish. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhh love how fun and cool your page is!! esp summer in winter time!! great pearls for the bubbles!!!thanks soo much for working out at ScrapFIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it---the pearls and the stickles!!!! Great layout! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT LO! Very bright and colorful! Thanks for participating with us over at ScrapFIT!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. How darn cute is this?!?!? Love it, Thanks for playing along at TPV!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, This is soooo cute!! Love your detail work - the stickles and liquid pearls add so much!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that Mermaid and fish are sooo cute!!! Such a fun layout!! Thanks for playing with us at Scrapfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Layout Heather i,m loving the fish.Thankyou for joining us at Crafts and Me this week.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page Heather! I love that you replaced one of the photos with a pop of patterned paper. I have the Life's a Beach cartridge and will be bookmarking this one for sure! Thanks for entering a layout inspired by our sketch at TPV :)
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a fun layout!i love how you used the gems for the fishy bubbles!such a fun touch!Glad you played along with Scrapfit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This layout is super cute! It caught my eye immediately! Congrats on Top 5 !
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job with the ScrapFIT challenge! Love those fishies!!

    ReplyDelete