Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Vintage Holiday Thank you card

I am a fan of ALL things vintage. I actually won some beautiful vintage style holiday paper by KaiserCraft from Frosted Designs a while back, and have been chomping at the bit to put it to use! I already completed all of my Christmas cards for this year, so I decided to make a Christmas 'thank you' card. This can be used to thank someone for a Christmas gift, or as a general 'thank you' card that you are giving to someone during the holiday season. Here is my card:
The sentiment is cut from the Thanksgiving Seasonal cart. I created the poinsetta using Mother's Day Bouquet. I found the shape that looked most like a poinsetta to me, then using a red patterned paper from the KaiserCraft December 25th collection I cut out two at 2 1/2 in., two at 2 1/4 in., and two at 2 in. I used a petal roller to give some dimension, layered the cuts together, offsetting each one a bit and secured with a small brad.  I then added some gold stickles to the center.  I also cut two leaves at 2 in. Here is a close-up of my flower:
This was my first time using crinkle ribbon. I have seen it used in many other's projects, but had never used it myself, and I think I'm addicted! I loved the look I was able to acheive with this ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique.
It really adds some pretty dimension! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my project! I am entering it in the following challenges:
My Craft Spot- handmade flowers
Fantabulout Cricut Challenge Blog-project with 'thank you' or 'thanks'
Getting Cricky- giving thanks
Pile it On- anything with 'P' (poinsetta!) :)

23 comments:

  1. Heather this is very pretty!! Love the flower and ribbon you used!! Thanks for joining us at the Simply Sunday Challenge
    Kristan
    Getting Cricky Jr. DTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card! I love the flower. Great job.
    Thanks for joining us in the Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Jessie
    Getting Cricky Jr DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darn pretty, love the colors. You rocked this challenge. Good luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment. I was wishing I was done with my Christmas cards by now but that is not the case:(
    I love your Thank you card!! The ribbon is an awesome touch and I LOVE the flower. Great job-
    Thanks for playing in the challenge at FCCB!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also a new follower of your. I can't wait to see more creations from you! your blog is great and love your work:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the vintage flair.

    -- dalis
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!! I love the flower and the season colors!! Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. heather,
    this is so elegant and vintage and gorgeous girl!

    -- dalis
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous!! The crinkle ribbon looks so pretty and the fower is beyond amazing!!
    Thanks for joining Simply Sunday Challenge.
    Charlotte GCDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty. The flower is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.
    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Pretty! Love the flower! Thanks for playing along at Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge!
    Miranda :)
    Getting Cricky JRDT
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the flower....great job! Holly JrDt-Getting Cricky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your card thanks for joining us over at Getting Cricky
    Debbie Jr DTM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Heather! What a pretty thank you card. Just wanted to stop by your blog and say thanks for the sweet comments you left on mine (about my iphone layout). :)
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card! I love your poinsetta!! TYFS!

    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love your pretty poinsettia! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow... where do i start?? The paper is amazing love the flower and ribbon is fun! Great card. Thanks for sharing!
    Heather Getting Cricky JrDT member

    ReplyDelete
  19. Impressive vintage card. Love that crinkle ribbon.

    Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful and very classy! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!! I'm impressed both by your card and by the fact you're done with your Christmas cards. Way to go! I love your poinsettia from Mothers Day Bouquet. I just ordered that cart for my mom's Christmas gift, so it's awesome to see it in action. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    Jessica, FCCB DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful. Thank you so much for participating in our Simple Sunday Challenge @ Getting Cricky. :) Janis pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete